You have no items in your shopping cart.
25 April 2022
Often your first love, your first teacher and your first best friend, is your Mum.
Her presence will always be with you and she is the one to whom you can show all of yourself - the bumps, the cracks and the flaws.
She's probably the one to know you the best but how well do you know her?
Do you know her joys, her loves, what ignites a spark within her? Perhaps you've answered yes or perhaps you've answered no. Either way, it's time to let your Mum know to put herself first. To do the things that light her up from he inside. Take time out to focus on her so she can fill herself up.
Choose to surprise and delight her with any one of the ideas listed below. They are all thoughtful, loving and inspire her to live her best life.
1. Yoga - is a spiritual discipline originating from ancient India that focuses on bringing harmony between the mind and body. The word "Yoga" is derived from the Sanskrit word "Yuj" which means union. Hence, it is a practice to unite you to the ultimate reality.
In person classes are back on again so how about gift vouchers for yoga centres or if virtual classes are better, why not try Glo or Gaia Yoga and check out their subscription packages?
We have beautiful Yoga Bags, (featured below), that would make a great Mother's Day gift.
The bags are handmade featuring stunning hand block design. They have been purposely designed in a large size to fit your towel, change of clothes, make up bag, water bottle and whatever else you need to take with you.
2. Journals - are therapeutic and a key wellness tool. Journalling is one of the most effective acts of self-care - it is also one of the cheapest! It promotes mindfulness, memory and the act of writing down emotions and experiences is very cathartic. It creates awareness and encourages opening up and promotes healing.
Gratitude journals have become very popular and this is my form of journalling where I write down everyday 3-5 things for which I am grateful. It doesn't have to be a big or major event to make it into my gratitude journal. It can be as simple as waking up to a beautiful morning, hearing the birds chirping or having patience when dealing with a difficult person or situation. Gratitude is the cornerstone to happiness. It is the foundation to lasting happiness.
Choose journals that are ethical, vegan and made from sustainable materials. Karuna Dawn will be launching our beautiful leaf leather journals. They are perfect, compassionate journals to write your way to happiness.
3. Herbal Tea Sets- Unlike standard tea which comes from a tea plant, herbal teas are derived from a variety of dried flowers, spices, herbs and fruits. This offers so many options in flavours and benefits from physical to mental well being. The antioxidants and vitamins found in herbal teas promote good health and helps in relaxing, recovering and refreshing your mind.
The types of benefits from drinking herbal tea depends on the type of herbal tea blends used. For example peppermint and chamomile teas are known to help you to relax and unwind and remove stress accumulated through the day. Turmeric tea is known to help reduce pain and soreness and is also used to help with menstrual cramps. There are other tea blends to boost immune systems and aid in the digestive process. What's more, like water, it is calorie-free!
So if you answered "No" to whether you know your Mum's joys and what lights her up from the inside, this is a perfect gift so sit down, enjoy a beautiful, warming cup of tea, and talk about exactly that!
4. Aromatherapy- Essential oils have been used for centuries. Essential oils are basically extracts from a plant. That extract is made by steaming or pressing various parts of a plant (flowers, bark, leaves or fruit) to capture the compounds that produce fragrance.
Aromatherapy is the practice of using essential oils for therapeutic benefit. When inhaled, the scent molecules in essential oils travel to the brain and especially impact the amygdala, the emotional center of the brain.
The different smells (aromas), and the chemical constituents of the oils, can promote states of calmness, reduce stress and boost energy. It all depends on the essential oils used. Essential oils can be massaged into the skin, added to bath water or vaporised in an oil burner.
Just imagine your Mum walking into a room or even coming home and the moment she walks insides, she's greeted by a beautiful serene scent - Ah, how wonderful!
5. Massage- Who doesn't love a massage? With so much sitting done these days, massage can counteract the posture stress, especially in the neck and shoulders. Massage eases muscle pain and promotes better circulation.
The human touch is powerful and shouldn't be underestimated. It soothes anxiety and depression and massage is known to promote better sleep. How many of you have had massages before and have fallen asleep because it was so relaxing? I know I have.
Essential oils are often used in massage therapy. The potent oils used help to relax mussels and the wonderful scents help to ease tension.
This is a gift that you Mum would truly enjoy. An hour (or more) of absolute me time where she can feel pampered and totally concentrate just on herself.
Your choice has power.
Whatever gift you choose, make sure it is ethical, kind and compassionate because this sure